I’ve always had a lot of opinions about water bottles. At all times in my life, I’ve usually been carrying one and happily guzzling plenty of water throughout the day. I’ve tried out, lost, replaced, and used many interesting and cheap and expensive water bottles and I figured I could publish my thoughts on various bottles that I’ve been using. Additionally, this could be another non-guilty way to encourage more people to carry around water bottles and to further demonstrate their functionality, design, and style.
I bought this que water bottle on a whim because I liked the color and shape and hoped that it would work well for travel. Overall, great for travel but not necessarily functional for everyday use.
- Brand: que
- Color: blue
- Material: silicone
- Size: 20 fl oz bottle – 4.8’’ x 2.8’’x 2.8’’ collapsed and 8.4’’x2.8’’x2.8’’ expanded,
- Weight: 5 oz (mostly because of the cap)
- Notes: can fall over if full
- Pros: good for travel, functional, great design, good for hot/cold beverages
- Cons: falls over, does not clean well
- Rating: 3/5
I’ve always been very resistant to klean kanteen bottles just by virtue of not being the biggest fan of stainless steel. However, after this recent purchase from tj maxx I can happily announce that I judged too soon. The design is clean and sleek, easy to carry in one hand, slightly heavy when full but fairly light when empty, and the nozzle at the top is the best part.
- Brand: klean kanteen
- Color: Green
- Material: 18/8 stainless steel
- Size: Classic 27oz
- Weight: 7.5 ounces (212.6 g)
- Notes: the paint has been chipping
- Pros: the size, the color, the shape
- Cons: paint has been chipping, can spill a lot of water if the cap is not on right
- Rating: 4.5/5
I saw dopper on a newsletter and decided to buy it on Amazon because I liked the idea of having a bottle and a cup so I can drink tea at work without having to use a paper cup. As an added bonus, “Dopper wants to live in a world where people are aware of the environment, where we actively reduce single-use plastic waste, and where everyone, close to home and far away, has access to safe and fresh drinking water” (Dopper).
- Brand: dopper
- Color: Cool blue
- Material: plastic
- Size: 2.4 x 2.4 x 9.4 inches
- Weight: 2.88 ounces
- Notes: Holds 15.2 oz and comes in 3 parts – bottle, cup, and cap. All materials are BPA and phthalate free.
- Pros: the design is interesting, small and compact
- Cons: does not clean well, the cup is only enough for 3 sips of water, stains easily
- Rating: 3.5/5
I think that it is slowly becoming common knowledge that the fashion industry is incredibly polluting, bad for the environment, can be ethically questionable, and that many now own wardrobes that they don’t even wear. These facts are even being stressed by new …
This past weekend, I helped to plan and organize the 6th Annual Fordham University Entrepreneurship Conference–which has a fun buzzy name, TrepCon. Overall, it was a great, but sometimes stressful, experience that I’ve been involved with one way or another since my …